View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #88
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't doubt there are others, but I do doubt they are popular. Almost by definition, these are very low volume operations. Keep in mind that every car needs space between it and other cars on a single track, and no car can go faster than the car in front of it. This last piece is especially important--if there are 10 cars then the tenth car must be slower than the ninth, which must be slower than the eighth, which must be slower than the seventh...Otherwise it's a frustrating traffic jam. This is very different than bikes or walkers who can pass each other
JMO, but we play quite a bit of golf at Beaver Meadow and go by the trail head going to and from the course. Most days we go by, if the open flag is out, which it usually is, the parking is usually full. The ride is around 6.5 miles and I think it is about 1.5 hrs total time. It is a little expensive, just under $150 for a 4 person car. Compare it to golf, it's about the same as green fees on a special. It runs along the Merrimack.

One along the WOW trail would have similar views and a pretty good customer base. With the large # of tourists, I think it it would be successful. And I would give it a go.

Dave