View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
Could also be all the rules and enforcement have driven people to other locations . Not exactly a Live Free or Die destination .
BAM! You nailed it. Even the prime sandy bottom anchor spots have people trying to fight people's ability to enjoy the water.

Just spent a week at Moosehead Lake in Maine. What a difference in attitudes. Winni has been ruined by development.

This year we left Winni, most of season has been on Newfound but we've branched out and tried two other lakes. Wish we had done it sooner as Winni is way too restrictive and has very poor trailer access.

I can honestly say my leaving Winni had a minimum imact of over $5k in reduced slip and hotel rentals. That does not include food or other entertainment as we took a hard line in the sand to avoid the lake this year.

As to boating overall, since we will be moving back to NH we are seriously considering selling the boat and installing a nice inground pool at the house. Cheaper overall, not traveling to the lake, etc etc. Making much more sense.

I actually feel sorry for anyone who own's on the lake and is financially vested and gives up their flexibility. We came very close to buying a condo in Meredith and thank GOD we didn't.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: