View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #32
LovelyToSeeYou

Default HMMMM Receiving meaningful insights on local restaurants.

Well speaking from my own experience why would most people want to try to say anything positive or negative about a restaurant? In another year or two I will have been coming to this lake for 60 years. I have seen many restaurants come and go. Some change hands several times and become Canoe. Others change hands many times and close for good. Some open and are wonderful. Others open and are awful.

I came here and tried to write good and bad things on some established restaurants that some of you felt was an attack. It was just the way I am as if it is on my mind it is on my tongue, or in this case my computer screen. I made a mistake when I first posted on VK because I did not understand what a tread was. I thought it was just a post. I did know that people could reply but did not know that it would be a topic. I also did not know that there was already a thread for VK. I think it would have been better to make my comment in an already exhisting VK board so that it was not the topic? I AM SORRY if any of you thought I was attacking your favorite restaurants. It was not my intent. I believe that was I said was the truth from my point of view as a 67 year old grandmother who mostly likes good food at reasonable prices. I go out mostly for dinner and an occasional lunch or a take out lobster roll etc.

The Bob House was new to me and is right near me. I have not gone there long enough to have had bad experiences which every one has in time. I think I went there five or six times. The other places I have been to for many years but for The Corner House. I do not know The Corner House but for one meal years ago and one lunch this summer.

I do think that many here first feel attacked. Then all try to defend. Maybe there have been people in the past who did things that were dishonest or pumped a place they had an interest in or whatever one does on a message board. I have been on other message boards and felt fine. Here anyone who wanted to say to wait and see or whatever, was also attacked.

So here is my final say in this attempt to say why there may not be many meaningful insights on local restaurants. "Behavior that is positively reinforced tends to be repeated. Behavior that is negatively reinforced tends to be discontinued." If you really want people to tell it as they see it, then keep that in mind. If you only want a cheering section or an attack section, what good will that do for either patrons or owners??