View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #26
sa meredith

Default Our trip to Bob House

Finally made it to Bob House on Sunday, late afternoon/early evening.
We had been watching the Pats/Jets game at a friend's house over on Long Island (quite a second half, huh?), and as the game drew to a close, his wife was suggesting places to have dinner. We had been drinking most of the afternoon (I do that sometimes), and when she asked, "oh, have you guys ever heard of The Bob House?", my ears perked up a bit and I said, "huh, as a matter of fact I have" ...and so we were off.
Now, to set the scene properly, understand that it was 4:45/5PM..so in no way prime time. Maybe a total of 7 or 8 cars in the parking lot.
So no crowd to deal with, and no way to know how they handle things when they are overwhelmed.
That being said...I have not one single bad thing to say about the Bob House. The whole experience was perfect, and we had a blast. I understand there have been some emotional posts about people's experiences here, and I have no doubt these things happened (why lie?), but my experience was quite different, and truth be told, at this point in time, I love this place.
We took a 4 person high top table in the bar area (called (The Tavern, I believe), and were greeted by a server, who you could tell very quickly was a real people person, and loved her job. Just a perfect food server. Big smile, friendly, and someone who knows how to handle people. Remember, I had been drinking for a while. Often times when this happens, I like to "trade barbs" with a waitress...and she was more than up to the challenge. Took everything I threw her way, and she tossed it back twice as hard. I like that...a lot. (I wish I could remember her name, but, I cannot).
The whole restaurant seemed "shiny clean" to me, and has a great atmosphere.
The drinks were great, as was the food.
Two apps...stuffed mushrooms, and chicken fingers (yeah, yeah, I know...chicken fingers, what are you, 12? But remember, lots of booze...they sounded good). Both apps very good.
And all four entres..perfect. I let our waitress pick mine...rasberry/walnut chicken, and it was very good. Also at the table, prime rib (cooked perfect), a dish they call The Tackle Box (haddock, scallops, shrimp), and some type of fancy burger, which was excellent. We all had their blue cheese mashed potatoes (just unreal. Really, unreal), and squash. We didn't order squash, but I think it just came with the dinners that night, and I don't know what they do to it, but it too, was beyong good. Great, great flavor. Everyone loved their food.
As we wound the evening down, the owner came by, to see how things were...and I past all this info to her.
And, yeah. Here was my chance. But, I decided against it. The whole time had just been great, and I wanted no trouble.
As she walked away, I did, however, ask if she would dump some pepper onto my plate ( I couldn't help myself).
She quickly turned, with a big smile on her face, and came back. I explained about reading the story (said I was a regular reader, not a poster) and she proceeded she to give me the whole story from that night...detail by detail. No biggie. Does not deny that it happened. Just that she has one view of it (owner's view), and Kona has another (customer's view). Enough about that.
Now, I know what some forum members are waiting for that are reading this post..and it is not coming.
Four or five days had past since I had read the forum, and my passion had died down a bit..and that's a good thing.
I had posted what I believe to be true, and was backed by many. No need to take it further.
HOWEVER..upon returning home on Monday evening found the most disturbing things PMed to me by memebers. Truly, very troubling, hurtful stories, about a memeber (BYG) posting a bounty for my ID...and the worst part,
telling members I have been sending her lewd, and sexual PMs (or emails, whatever). People seemed to know it was fabricated, as she could produce no such emails..but still. Just the thoght of someone accusing you of such things.
Please know, if you were part of this group, that I have never sent one single message, of any type, to a memeber know as BYG. She however, has let it be known that she is seeking legal action against me, and has a restraining order. Really. I have no idea why.
The funny part of the bounty is this...if she had sent me a PM saying, "I want to talk with you", I would have sent her my name and cell phone number right away. No big extensive search needed...I would have been happy to give her the number.
I am a gentleman, as many of the members I have met know. I have both done favors for, and received favors from, many members of this forum.
To be accused of sending lewd and sexual messages??!! very troubling. It bothered far more last night, than the Sox blowing a 6 run lead. Tossed and turned all night.
Anyway, enough. I don't know if Don will even let all of this thru. I hope he does.
I will "hold my tongue" for a while now.
If you want more, PM me, and I'll be happy to give it to you...just not here, bothering many members, who could not care less.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: