View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #24
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
Sadly NH had to institute a drivers license for boating on NH lakes.

Too many flatlanders with zero boating experience driving incorrectly, not following rules, and going way too fast for boating/lake conditions.

I'm against government involvement. But seriously does one need a cigarette boat with two V8 engines and with optional loud mufflers traveling over 60 MPH to enjoy the lake?

And seriously folks, I see fishing boats on trailers at gas stations about. An aluminum fishing boat with two 150 HP outboard motors. Do fishing people really need that much horsepower to go fishing? If you are one of these people do you know how stupid that looks?
So what about anoyone who drives a car with 6 or 8 cylinders? My garden tractor has 25 Hp, is that too much?

NH did not need to pass a boating license. NH has a 150 ft safe passage rule that does not exist on any other body of water. I still question if the law as enforced is what was actually intended (ie, 150 ft is for between boat and stationary objects, not two vessels underway). People have an unrealistic ideal of what "safe boating" is. 150 ft of distance between passing boats is over-kill IMO. People on Winni hyper-ventilate. The idea that the lake is in a state of emergency with renegade boaters is just ridiculus. It's clear to me that some people who own on the lake are miserable and should rethink if a lake property is really what they want.

If you want flat water 24/365 then I suggest you go build yourself a man-made pond (not joking).

The problem with regulations like have been passed is one begets another and another. Eventually the tide is going to turn against those who own water front and I am going to laugh when it does

The same people who want these regulations are the one's who will bicker and fight with their neighbors when something is done that "they" think is not appropriate.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: