View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #171
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I understand money talks but the season is so short and weekends so busy especially at all the town docks it just isn’t right for this boat to take up 2-3 spots for 3 days. I pulled up there about 1:00 Saturday and there were obviously no spots to be had and 5 boats in front of me and more coming in behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
On the one hand, I am all for letting people live and let live and spend their money however they choose. On the other, as boats get bigger and beamier, more and more of the public docking space gets taken up - and their are no new spaces being created! Common sense, courtesy, and following the rules goes a long way to making space available for all.

I have two simple requests when people use public spaces. First, don't park in such a way that you make dock spaces inaccessible to others. The number of times I have pulled into Sheps, Center Harbor, or the Weirs to find boats parked at the far end of the docks in such a way as to block access to inner spaces... If you don't have the skill to dock in tight spaces, fine - "walk" your boat in or out as needed. Takes a little more time, but we all benefit. This is especially irritating when people are just hanging out on their boat - with two or three spaces in front of them!

Second, follow the three hour rule. Just because you get to a dock first thing in the morning doesn't mean you can stay all day. Likewise putting on the mooring cover and staying all night...

I don't expect any changes but will keep hoping!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post: