View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #108
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
You're amazing. The problem is, your totally awesome, super duper, made-it-to-the-top-against-all-odds story doesn't apply to the majority--then or now. And I guarantee that, like most other people blinded by attribution bias, we'd find a set of unique circumstances to explain your success, just as my Dad's 40 years ago and mine 20--in worlds much, much different than today's.

Winter is coming...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Hate to break it to you but I'm not that old.... this can and does happen every day TODAY, not 20, 40 or 100 years ago.

"attribution bias"? What a bunch of nonsensical psycho-babble.

Furthermore I just roll my eyes at your entire response, know how many times I have heard that? Sorry can't help but shake my head at how outrageous, smug, repugnant and demeaning that entire statement is. In fact I would say you are guilty of manipulative Minimisation.

There is nothing super duper, amazing or totally awesome that I did. Anyone can do it, it is easy no and that's why you don't hear it often. If I had a degree would the path have been easier, sure, but then again, it's also no guarantee of success either which is a false narrative that is pushed constantly. Interestingly all to the benefit of higher education Colleges and Universities that are bastions of liberalism and interestingly flush with cash, and have the appearance of a sprawling luxury estate.

There was no "unique" set of circumstances that got me where I am today other than me and very careful decision making on my part, every decision is made with a end goal and purpose in mind. Did every decision that I made pan out, of course not, but I certainly didn't run into my "safe space" and cry room, hug a stuffed gumby and have a temper tantrum. No I looked, learned, and carried on.

Want to be successful? DUH! Hang around people that are successful. Learn from them, ask questions, figure out how they did it and duplicate it. One lesson I learned along the way is if you do what everyone else does you end up like everyone else. Want to be different, then take a different path, take calculated risks, be bold, make it happen, if you think success just "finds" you or somehow you are lucky that's total BS. Success comes to those who try and take on risk. If you fail, learn from your mistakes and try again. Rarely does anyone win playing defense. Words of wisdom from a friend of mine who is both an entrepreneur and a multi millionaire. Should I add that he too has zero college credits to his name. Now that is awesome! Of course to you that's evil but we all have our differences in opinions.

Want to be like everyone else, DUH! Go to your nearest college campus and be a self identified victim. Good luck with that as a career choice.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: