View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 09:53 PM   #104
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Really? Careful - you have no idea who you are saying that to. Guess if that were true I'd be some poor guy who would not amount to nothing other than a minimum wage job. Good thing I never listened to people like you. I'll even pile on just for fun, not only do I have nothing other than a high school education, yet have a professional job, but I managed to raise a family on a SINGLE income. The biggest misconception is you have to do XY and Z to be successful. No - you just have to be better than everyone else. What did I do that is so different, never believed anyone say I can't accomplish what I did, in fact I just used that as motivation to prove them all wrong.
You're amazing. The problem is, your totally awesome, super duper, made-it-to-the-top-against-all-odds story doesn't apply to the majority--then or now. And I guarantee that, like most other people blinded by attribution bias, we'd find a set of unique circumstances to explain your success, just as my Dad's 40 years ago and mine 20--in worlds much, much different than today's.

Winter is coming...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote