View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 05:51 AM   #26
ApS

Lightbulb "Turning The Present Course"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
The setback isn't really about annoyance, it really is about wave action erosion. Though it is being done hodge-podge, weve had the current set of regulations for some time now... always the complaint that it isn't being enforced... always the complaint that not enough money exists to enforce it... but basically the lake is now showing the signs. If we maintain the current course, it will rip through the entire watershed. So a balance between a restriction on lake use vs abutting property owners is currently being hashed out; but it must be more restrictive to slow - hopefully even turn - the present course.
Those of us who wait on our docks for a weekend to run its course are seeing Thursdays and Fridays similarly abused. Are these the "work.from home" Covid people?

Add to that the changes that permitted excessive exhaust noise measured next to a dock
, the "boat" that the "Jet-Ski" transformed into, thousands upon thousands of registered boats, a mostly absent enforcement of anything, urine coves, and the loudspeakers blasting f-bombs across still waters--and now--erosion.

Have the chickens come home to roost?

I've reported here (with pictures) about my neighbor's clump of seven trees falling into the lake. Two are now rolling about the bottom, sending leaves and sticks to neighbors' beaches. The largest snapped in half last winter and will leave a twelve-foot stump. Like prisoners on "Death Row", the remainder await their inevitable fate as they continue their slide into the lake.

My own shoreline has lost three trees recently with each having a girth of ten feet. (at least 120 years each of "green"). The NHMP has dutifully towed them away as "menaces to navigation".

That ALL menaces are relieved is not inevitable.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote