View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #272
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Little history

My previous boat was a Liberator 211 with 350 Magnum. Originally came with a Michgan 19" SS prop. That was the best for that boat after trying tons of props. A 21" Laser was the best speed prop but it was subject to 'blow outs'. It also got the boat up to the point it will 'chine walk' at about 53 mph. Scary! The Liberator was a great boat for the 350. Highly recomend it.

The current Formula f 223 LS with 454 Magnum came with a 19" SS Mercury prop. It was hitting the rev limiter all the time. Swap for a 21" Bravo and again, hitting the rev limiter. Swap for a 23" Bravo and it appears to be a great all around prop. But I still hit the rev limiter. I tried the 25" Bravo solid hub and the boat flies! It was 400 rpm below the rev limiter, but 'blows out' easily in corners or if I try to do a hole shot. The current 24" prop is a delight. No blow outs. Less vibration. Same max rpm. Less speed but love the all around performance.

I want to thank Ron at Lakeport Landing for the prop swaps. I also want to thank Eddie at Winnisquam Marine for swapping the 4 blade. I use EBay as well to buy and sell SS props.

I have a 23" Bravo and a 25" Bravo solid hub for sale. Both 3 blades. I will accept any reasonable offer. I have a 23" aluminum. I keep that when I go on a body of water that I am not familiar with.