View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #241
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default Quick response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Yup. Those head gaskets always "just go bad".

It's putting them back together that's tough.

Can? Or can't? Maybe you haven't witnessed "The 12-hours of Sebring".

This case was interesting in that the "driver" launched his GFBL off a wave in a boating channel (!) and "stuffed it".

("Pitchpoled"—as used among experienced boaters).

As reported, the family aboard was killed, but what is widely unknown, is that the boat split at the bow, and shells (and other sealife) were found jammed into the gelcoat seam at the bow.

The bow of this boat had struck the bottom—in eight feet of water!

Just one donor from all of these dozen+ bandwidth users?
Wait!...Did you donate?

1) If you were observant, you'd see I select that image for use at the boating threads—only. I expect to change it eventually, but I'm confused as to what's "silly" about it—is it the photo part—or the message part? The photo part, I see every day on the water.

2) I am a regular contributor

My boat's been out of the water for two weeks, as I wrote elsewhere here.

Y'know, distancing yourself from the "Winnipesaukee Belle" crowd isn't going to win you any more friends.

My music taste runs to acoustic guitar with vocals. (Otherwise, Ray Charles', Oh beautiful for spacious skies "gets me" every time).

The discarded CDs I use have "Ethernet" and "AOL" graphics on them.

VA definitely has a problem with agressive driving: that's the state that has to use state police cars as "rolling roadblocks" to tame the aggression. My guess is that D.C. is nearby and people who perceive they have greater power will drive in a manner to endanger "lesser citizens".

A denial would have been good to read here....

Skydivers, Harley riders, snowmobilers, and ice-fishermen don't appear in Criminal Court anywhere near as often.

Something I learned from the late Dr. Joe Davis at the Metropolitan Dade County morgue, is that a skydiver who hits the ground without the benefit of an open parachute, will break every bone in his body. The body doesn't go "splat". At the time, we were viewing the body of a 13-year-old boy who had just been wheeled out from being x-rayed—still wearing his helmet.

You deserve congratulations on achieving some measure of "education at speed".

I've been a "continuing student" of auto racing schools and, until last year, have been instructing race car drivers since 1984. (Getting PAID to instruct AND go fast—WHEE!). Unfortunately, the Porsche GT3s were just added to the MY mix on the track, and their overtaking speeds have dissapated my previous enjoyment at the track. (My BMW, at 130-MPH, is no slouch, either).

This is a closed track , with no chance at drowning .

You know what happens to US Navy skippers who even (just) run aground, right? That's the end of their US Navy career.

Maybe you haven't seen parents on Jet-Skis with infants on their laps. I regard that as reckless as well.

Citing my experience at the Dade County Morgue once again, I'll say that adults look very dead (when dead), and children who are dead...look like they're asleep.

When I read, "He died doing what he loved", I think back that living is far more important than any hobby. Unfortunately, we can no longer interview the deceased for his opinion of his former "sport".

Among those things guaranteed to us Americans is "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".

Your particular "pursuit" shouldn't take the most important of these away—and that is "Life".

Few here have seen things and events that I've seen, and things and events—once seen—can't be "unseen".
I had started in on a long response to yet another one of your cobbled together, taken out of context, a$$inine posts but decided it was not worth the effort.

You can live in a bubble if you choose, and I agree that you can't interview the dead (wow you have seen dead people in a real morgue, how impressive), how about interviewing the ones who scraped by? How many of them climbed back on the "horse" that nearly killed them.

Finally, your closed track nonsense is just that, here is a little tidbit for you "The total number of spectator deaths and injuries is unknown, but at least 29 spectators died and 70 were injured by race cars or flying car parts at U.S. auto racing events alone since 1999, according to according to
The Charlotte (N C.) Observer"

Jmen already has shown that you post that silly picture in non boating threads- it is a pretty funny picture BTW. However, the real question remains, can your "system" cause an accident? Do you take it off when not aiming at your version of a BH? If it did cause an accident and me or one of mine were involved it would be sticking out the other end of your body.