View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #84
Airwaves

Originally posted by Treerider
Quote:
Airwaves was shocked that Winni was threatened with arrest
Actually in the three or four posts in which I commented on the threat of arrest I said in one that I was bothered by it. Not shocked.

The email from the LT is very well written and is a great CYA letter. As Lt Dunleavy states himself the truth of the matter usually lies somewhere in the middle, so taking the MPOs report on face value while discounting Winnipesaukee's is wrong. It's the first time we've heard the MPOs side and as I freely admitted it would be different from Winnipesaukee's version. No surprise there.

As for the SSN argument. I am still left somewhat confused by what Lt Dunleavy wrote.
Quote:
In your specific case, MPO XXXX requested a print out of your Massachusetts registry information and indeed confirmed that your SS # was provided accurately.
But then he wrote:
Quote:
Our officers are aware that SS # are used by identity thieves and do not transmit this information over the airwaves.
So is Lt Dunleavy saying the MPO left the stop without confirming Winnipesaukee's true identity or is he saying that either the MPO or dispatch put the information from the Massachusetts registry including the SSN over the air in spite of "policy"? I'm not getting that one.

Regardless, my hypothetical question that is still unanswered, that was directed to any legal mind that might be lurking, is what legal recourse against the MP and state could Winnipesaukee have IF his SSN number were broadcast and stolen?

Last edited by Airwaves; 08-24-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: change of wording to last paragraph
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote