View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #47
4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
It can't be any help "being remembered" for the next time, either!

and

Communities do have to grapple with the consequences of "a police chase":

1) Some allow the alledged offender to disappear into the distance—possibly striking others. The inevitable result is the resurgence of more miscreants causing still more unhappy results.

2) Other communities must deal with the lawbreaker (and his tragic consequences) following an ego-influenced or adrenalin-driven chase by LEOs.

Such consequences don't necessarily result in punishment of the officer; moreover, in some jurisdictions, the offender can be charged with felony-murder—where appropriate.

3) But for this lake, my question would be, "Why has such a 'speedy' chase become 'objectionable' when a 'velocity' like this was thoroughly justified here just five months ago?"

4) Anyway, who's going to write an MP a ticket for doing his job?
Assuming the circumstances above are accurate...

1. I agree you just can't let everyone just drive of in to the sunset and not chase. There is a time for pursuit and this was not it. The MPO made a poor call.

3. Also, I don't remmeber when it was not "objectionable" to do 55MPH at night? Most arguments I read were so people could just get on plane at night when there was good visibility.

4. There is the rub. No accountability.
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote