View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 09:39 AM   #48
Jeez Louise

Sandy Point Restaurant is back! The new management has nailed the old tried and true Sandy Point menu. The king stuffed lobster was enormous and flavorful. The prime rib was cooked just the way I ordered, tender and juicy. The clam oscar was tender, topped with herbs and crumbs, and broiled to perfection. The fried clams were tender and crispy. Very good food. We were a party of four, arrived around 6:30pm and we had cocktails, appetizers, main course, and dessert. We left around 8:30pm. This restaurant is not for you if you want fast food. But if you want good wholesome food that is served by staff who aim to please, then the Sandy Point Restaurant is the place. You won't be disappointed.

The management has also upheld a tradition and staffed the restaurant with the local high school population. For some of them this is their first job and as expected, some are timid, but they are eager to learn and do well.

The back dining room has high tops that seat 4 but can easily accommodate 6 with plenty of room. Along the wall there are several square and rectangle tables that can be put together to accommodate a large party. This dining room also has great views of Winnipesaukee’s Alton Bay. The front dining room has round tables that seat 6 and 8. Both dining rooms are spacious, clean, and inviting.

What could be done to improve?
--The table tops are covered with a couple large squares of paper with a lobster printed on them. Perhaps supplying each table with a canister of pencils so the guests can converse, brainstorm, and design while waiting for the next course.
--A slightly audible jazz piano could be played in the background to provide a consistent level of cadence.
--In time the staff will find their rhythm, in the meantime, I hope they keep a positive attitude and carry on.

The new owners have chosen to bring back that legendary menu that we all remember. That is a tall order to fill and it is only natural to have to work out kinks and quirks. The restaurant contributes to the community in many ways and I sincerely hope they can make a go of it. Good Luck Sandy Point Restaurant!
Jeez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote