View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #147
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
You sound like an alarmist fool. OSHA? What makes you think there are occupational safety hazard violations by the employees of the marina? They always seemed to operate safely when I observed them. But please, tell me about your first-hand experiences at the South Down marina that supports your claim.
I have no first hand experience!

My post was just pointing out how ridiculous that particular argument is. (IMO) If you choose to throw "Its a safety issue" at the wall to see if it sticks, so be it; Just be prepared for other to dispute it.

If public safety is an issue with the private marina (as implied) and they can not operate SAFELY within their property, than it is an OSHA issue not a WOW trail issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
The train is slow moving and very easy to see approaching. The people around the area on busy weekend also tend to be familiar with the marina, tracks, etc., and have a certain degree of situational awareness. If you build a trail that encourages people not familiar with the environment to pass through you statistically increase the risk of incidents due to decreased situational awareness. It is basically the same as the "out of town driver" problem in busy city[/b]
Choose your battles wisely is what I was taught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu
Hyperbole in an attempt to point out absurdity. More specifically, OSHA as a hyperbolic suggestion in response to the anti-trail "concern" for safety.
You hit the nail on the head.

Sarcasm does not always come across in the written word the way you envision it in your head.

Thank you
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote