View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #18
ghfromaltonbay

Default Agree with PMJ

[QUOTE=pmj] We live in Alton but we have LOTS of family and friends in Massachusetts (North shore to Boston).
When we are in Ma. we always come and go home via Rt 95 to the Spaulding Trnpk(16) to Rt 11 into Alton. We have timed all the routes and the one I mentioned may not be much quicker but it seems quicker because there is more highway and we are less apt to get behind a tractor or some other piece of slower machinery.

That said, if we were coming from Lowell/Nashua Area, we would come up 3-93-393-4-28.

You're right about getting stuck behind a slow moving vehicle. HOWEVER, my pet peeve is those drivers who can't keep a steady speed on roads like Rte. 11 or 28 with limited passing zones. I wouldn't mind if they did a steady 50 mph in the 55 mph zones, at least you wouldn't have to constantly step on the brakes to keep from tailgating. I'm referring to the noodniks who go 55, then slow to 45 and then remember they're behind the wheel and go 50 then back to 45. When you do get to a passing zone and try to pass them when they're doing 45, they wake up again and then try to go 55 as you're passing them.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 04-08-2005 at 11:20 AM.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote