View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #107
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt17 View Post
is there a place to find out how many speeding tickets have been given todate?
Given the issue, I would think that every local and state news organization would be keeping their ears and eyes peeled for just such an instance. The Marine Patrol isn't expecting to issue many tickets, and I think they'll be issued as needed when other actions come into play. ie: perhaps reckless, too close, whatever. They don't seem particularly concerned or bothered by boats that may be doing 60 or so. Most don't do it for long.

Merrill Fay stated last year that people had already slowed down, and he noted an increase in activity with more people on the lake. He also said it quieted the lake down, and apparently the law was working and all was well. BTW, the law went into effect January 1st this year, after everything was ok.

My guess is the MP would want the first few tickets issued to Gross offenders that were also doing something else wrong that everybody disagreed with. I'm quite positive they'll have a couple of those to issue if history is any guide.

Last edited by VtSteve; 06-18-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: not yet a good quoter ;)