View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #176
Turtle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
My point was that there are certain members of the forum (and I could care less if they are anti or pro whatever) who only come here to push their agendas. Turtle is one of them. I would not use the term for this poster if he had responded to one other type of thread (had a good meal somewhere, good contractor, whatever).

Forums are about sharing information and experiences not just pushing agendas. I stand by my comment.
You might recall that this argument erupted after a comment about kayakers for which the poster has now apologized. That being said, you might have called that poster a troll or having an agenda but that would have conflicted with your agenda. As was alluded to earlier in the day, people who disagree with the mentality and culture of this forum are often badgered as such.
No justification for my choice of which forums I frequent is necessary...many of our posters are very partial to certain topics and I see yours seems to be centered around food. My wife and I started to follow the boating forum a couple of years ago to see how the topic which shall not be discussed was shaping up. We were amazed at some of the outrageous arguments, bromides, and other silly comments put forth by some of more dominating/intimidating members of the forum (no one has yet beaten the comment "If the old man of the mountain were still standing, he'd be shedding a tear right now"...we were on the floor laughing at that one). In any case, we have followed/contributed to efforts to shape the future of the lake, both in the recent and more distant past. As far as other topics like eating (we tend to eat at home with family because the view can't be beat and we kind of got out of the habit, what with college tuitions and the like which made demands on our income) and home maintenance (we do most of that ourselves), these are things we tend to discuss with friends and family. By the way, on the topic of postings, we are amazed at the number/frequency of some of the posters...makes us wonder what time is left for anything else...what is it, 425 in 2 years for you? Glad you still seem to be finding time to go out and eat.
Well, sorry to have had to take on the negative tone of your 2 posts today...tomorrow is another day and maybe we'll all wake up in a better mood. Bon appetit, TB