View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #174
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts
Default Missed the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Hmmm...seems to me there is a pattern whereby forum members not embracing the performance boat mentality and culture which dominates this forum are hounded and otherwise called trolls. This culture and mentality and some of its seldom questioned tenets, some of which are a occasionally more than a little far-fetched, needs to be examined on a regular basis. These issues are a predominant concern for many of those who partake in the Winnipesaukee experience...swimmers, sailers, kayakers, and those who enjoy the lake from the shore. Many of these folks don't necessarily want to take part in a discussion forum predominated by a performance boat crowd yet were very much involved in recent efforts to change the lake for the better.
The kayak comment was nasty and did not elevate the intellectual tone of this thread.
My point was that there are certain members of the forum (and I could care less if they are anti or pro whatever) who only come here to push their agendas. Turtle is one of them. I would not use the term for this poster if he had responded to one other type of thread (had a good meal somewhere, good contractor, whatever).

Forums are about sharing information and experiences not just pushing agendas. I stand by my comment.