View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #287
Chimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
You are all for camaraderie, getting all sides together, and enjoying the lake with lemonade. Yet you still insist on using and insulting misnomer when referring to WinnFABS.

I disagree with much of your post, but one paragraph is so nuts I just have to call you on it.

Do you really think most camps on the lake are closed on weekends? The truth is they just look closed because they will not send out their sailboats, kayaks and canoes onto a weekend cowboy filled lake.

It is unfortunate that when people take their "nice Cobalt can easily cruise along at 55 MPH going from Center Harbor to Wolfboro" they have no idea how many thousands of children are being kept off the lake so you can have a nice ride.

THAT is the truth of the situation. Thousands inconvenienced so that dozens can go fast. But you are going by so fast, you can't see, or even imagine what you are doing.
Let's not forget now about the unlicensed rental boaters. They, of course, never go near campers, kayaks and canoes and never cause a safety hazard. Oh yeah, and according to Mr. Berthold, they only want to rent for an hour or so and don't want to keep their families waiting while they take an actual boater education class. How many marinas on this lake offer a 1-hour boat rental? Answer: Probably none. I believe you'll find that it's either a 1/2 day or full day minimum rental, so again, Mr. Berthold's lies and mistruths come right to the head of the class.