View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 01:06 PM   #22
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Most people that own performance cars know how to operate them.
Not in the real world, only in their mind. Having spent most of my career in the automotive industry and working for the US DOT, I can tell you with utmost confidence most people who buy off the shelf performance cars like Corvettes are NOT trained performance car drivers, they just have big egos and good credit. Now ego and confidence will carry you a long way, but once you break 125 MPH, its a different story and the same for 150 MPH, this is not safe territory for anyone who does not have lots of experience. And even for experienced performance car drivers, NH highways are not suited for such speed!

No 40 MPH accident with a drunk driver will ever compare to the total devastation that you will see when a car doing 160 MPH hits anything, and if its another car I assure you no one will survive! The car parts will be swept up and the body parts that can be recovered will be scraped into small bags. It is a horrifying sight to see. And for what purpose, literally a moments worth of thrill,,, Ok well then take a trip to Bonneville or your local dragstrip, but keep off public roads.

People were up in arms over going more than 50 MPH on Winnipesaukee, thats a Sunday drive by comparison to 161 MPH on RT 93,,,

I'm guessing most that are saying they are not too concerned about doing 161 MPH on RT 93 have never really been in a car that very high speeds and or seen the results of an accident on a public road at such speeds, or if so I am truly bewildered by the acceptance of this.

Go figure,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: