View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #55
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Just did a little more looking at systems. You can buy the heat pump, tubing manifolds and airhandler for a 5 ton system for under $9,000.00, you just dig the holes, bury the pipes then install the system. I'm thinking about another 2 to 3 thousand for ducts, wiring and other parts and you have a system. That is if you can figure out the rest.....

These companies make no reference of secondary heating required, I'm starting to think that systems needing this are probably not sized right. The biggest system I could find here was a 5 ton system. Which could be marginal for a larger house, an installer putting in two of these systems might have to price himself out of competition with a fossil system. Anyway, interesting stuff.

http://ingramswaterandair.com/index.php
You are all correct and I cannot answer that question. But I will talk with the homeowner and ask him why this happens.
I do know what he did a lot of research before hand and the unit to the best of my knowledge is sized correctly for the 7K+ sqft home.