Thread: HOA Forums
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 11:01 AM   #14
The Real BigGuy

Default HOA Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick52 View Post
I live in an HOA. I know the by-laws inside out. Will the HOA follow the by-laws? Nope they do what they want regardless. People will say well they cannot do that. Oh yes they can unless you decide to hire a lawyer and sue them. That might get you relief but at what $$$ cost.

HOA are run by little people who either never had any power in their lives but now want to rule over their neighbors or they are people who indeed did hold some power and are now retired but want to maintain that power so they run for BOD and rule the neighborhood.

Not buying into HOA is problematic because so many exist.

Best advice is to find an attorney who specializes in these issues but don't expect the HOA to comply with the law...after all they can spend all of the HOA's monies to fight you off while they personally attack you as the problem, telling the membership any lie the fits their need.
If you disagree with how your HOA is run, run for a spot on the board at the next election. Having been an association board member in the past I can attest to the fact that it is a time consuming, aggravating, and thankless task, and my association was full of really nice, good people.

It seems that people, in general, are very good about complaining about things but are generally not inclined to be part of a solution. You also need to understand that a lot of association board members end up as such because no one else wants the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post: