View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 12:40 PM   #9
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Perry Hollow Golf Club?

If this was the same place as is being discussed here, as LWGC, it was affordable to the average Joe- $30/18 holes/no cart. Yes, the first 9 holes were very difficult to walk- got a bit easier thereafter. The course was fun and tested the skills of all who played there.

I haven't played golf for over eight years, but back in 1999, or so, I did.

Anyway- I believe it was 1999, I took a friend to birthday dinner at the beautiful clubhouse on the hill- great views.
Back in those days, the establishment would host parties for a paying public- Xmas, Halloween, Valentines' Day/music-dancing-cash bar, all affordable.

Then (1999?), the place got sold. It was resurrected as a high profile, private club-big fees for everything and no longer affordable to Mr. Average Joe.

Finale- I don't remember if the birthday dinner was a Friday or Saturday night.
What I DO remember is that the food was excellent and the ambiance tranquil- plenty of candles, along with very personal service from the staff.

Most apparent was the fact that we two were the only diners in the establishment.
Upon questioning this unusual circumstance for such a well regarded business, the reply was- It had been well-advertised that the place was closing this day, and we were the final (and only) guests on this evening.
I guess it could be considered an oddity that they took my reservation (over the phone) and delivered a memorable experience!
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: