View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #27
ApS

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
For a very long time now, the speed limit debate has been a very hot, controversial topic on the Forum. I’m curious - since the debate started, have these discussions changed your views in any way?

Please note: This is not a debate thread. Thanks!
I've stayed out of this particular poll and thread—and the "non-debate" that followed it—but now...?

1) Views aren't likely to be changed when Supporters' questions and troubling news-item facts are ignored, ridiculed, or "put on ignore" by Opponents, as recent activity at this SL thread is displaying. What's the purpose, then, of the closed-off "Opposer's Thread"???

With reckless disregard for NH's new law, it's like carrying on a jailhouse conversation—a healthy discussion can't take place!

2) Why have pages and pages gone on and on to describe one member's particular new boat (and its abused and broken engine), with not the slightest attempt to bring repair and repainting dollars to our Lakes Region?

3) One SL poll begins with:
Quote:
"...it was suggested that if I make it one way or the other then we may see a different result..."
The object of a poll is not to seek "different results" through multiple polls on the same subject!

4) A truly representative poll of Winnipesaukee could have taken one week: A poll that has been represented to reflect the views of Winnipesaukee-only members, has been allowed to accumulate "new votes"—for months!

5) Why have pages and pages gone on with "chat", when "chat" is not permitted here?

(PLUS a slew of other forum violations).

What is the relevance of repair shops and parts dealerships 11-hours-drive from our Lakes Region—to tourism, activities or topics IN the Lakes Region?

-->Anyway, this nation's largest Internet forum refers to any thread such as "My New—Anything" as an off-topic "Vanity".

(With total justification, IMO).