View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 06:38 AM   #1
TheProfessor

Default The Dealership in Laconia

The new car dealership in Laconia.

I have my car serviced at the repair place at the airport. I keep my older car up to date and in excellent condition. In fact when I get oil changes I ask mechanic to check brakes, suspension, and such while car is on lift. I stay ahead of any upcoming potential issues.

I had the suspension "links" - there is a technical term for item - replaced on both sides of front previous to visit to new car dealer service department.

The new car dealership in Laconia sent me a "special" price for an oil change and 21 point inspection. For $19.95 or whatever.

When done - the estimate for "repairs" was over $500.00. This was the free "21 point inspection". The new car dealer in Laconia wanted to replace a whole bunch of items in the suspension. And some that were recently replaced with quality new parts.

After this I went back to shop at/near airport and had each part checked again. No issues found. Nothing.

My editorial. I find this quite disturbing for those who rely on the dealership for service. Usually women but many men too - potentially getting taken for a monetary ride with repairs at the new car dealership.

Is it he said she said? Not for the "links" that had just been replaced. Replacing parts that were virtually new. And I had viewed those parts come out of the box and placed onto my vehicle.

What do you think? A one time gaff or a consistent replacement of parts that do not need to be replaced? Was it because my car was older and that sometime in the "future" these parts may need to be replaced?
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote