Thread: Bob House
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:07 AM   #19
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
NOBODY going to this restaurant would park in the back unless the front lot was full or you were an employee. Your comment does not fit. As a matter of fact, we drove by at 5:30 and 7PM and in both instances, the front lot was maybe 25% full. So no large groups were evident. Since we were interested in 5:30PM, I saw no reason to have been turned away. I explained we would be happy to wait for a table if they were that busy, but was told they were fully booked until 8:15. If they had said they were very short staffed, I might have been more understanding, but in my opinion, I feel we were lied to, plain and simple. A three hour wait on a Sunday night is not reasonable with a stupid excuse. We were all disappointed by lack of interest in our group. It will be a while, if ever, before we venture back, as this experience left us very disappointed for a special family celebration occasion.

Why would you assume you were lied to based on nothing but a guess then choose to bad mouth a place of business on a public forum? It's hard enough to keep a quality restaurant open with the lack of help and short season with unprovoked complaints.

Maybe the group cancelled. Maybe they came in a couple big SUVs. Maybe the hostess recognized your phone number and did not want to server Mr Crankypants
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote