View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
ushaggerb

Default Pricing 24 Sea Ray Sundeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride & Dive View Post
We are ready to take the plunge on a first time boat ownership are thinking about the Sea Ray Sundeck 240. Seems to be a decent quality craft with plenty of space with a layout built for beautiful days cruising the lake. The size also seems about right to be towed behind my SUV.

Does anyone have any feedback (good or bad) on this unit or any advice on comparable competitors. I like the layout, head, walk thru transom, wet bar (for the guests) and storage capacity to name a few. I understand the dead rise is decent for small to moderate chop and with the correct engine it can get on plane quickly.

I am thinking about an 08 or 09 model year.

If you know of any for sale or can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Great time to be buying a big ticket item, if you have the money. Although I don't have a crystal ball, you might wait until you're truly off-season to buy it. People might deal a little more.

In any event, there are a number of places on-line to compare prices. You might even find someone within driving distance from where you live. If you want to see a large selection for price comparison, a good site I've found is actually www.yachtworld.com. Get to "Full Specs" tab to get the hours and whether it's been used in saltwater (although if it has low hours, that may make little difference.

I'd try my best not to fall in love with any particular boat. You probably know it raises your price "threshold" if you do. And since this is not a custom boat, it should be easier to keep your heart from getting in they way of your best interests. Besides, anything custom-add in any model you see, you can probably do yourself.

Good Luck!
ushaggerb is offline   Reply With Quote