View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
Rich

Akwa has a nice view of the lake, but it is much quieter than the Naswa. I haven't been this year or last, so the food may be different, I did enjoy what we had the last time we were there. Drinks were ok as I remember. The docks can be HARD on your boat because of the wave and any wake action. Yes, this is even when using fenders, just be aware of it, as it doesn't bother everyone. What we do is park at the Weirs town docks and then walk up the hill to the Akwa, then I don't have to worry about my boat being banged up by the dock and constant rubbing of fenders against my fiberglass.

Naswa (actually the NazBar) is always fun! If you go to the beach bar after 5 PM you can also order off the "Blue Bistro" restaurant menu so you get more of a dinner choice, before 5 PM it's typical 'pub food'. I'm not crazy about their mixed drinks as it seems to me that most are pre-mixed and taste it to me, but IMHO you can't go wrong with beer or wine or anything else that comes out of a bottle. Sometimes the music is a bit loud (it depends on the day), so keep this in mind if you want to have a conversation with your friends or if they are "older". There are nice docks there and they are easy to get into and out of, with dock hands to help you.