Thread: NH Prices!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
Onshore

You may find that while gas here is cheaper you spend just as much if not more money getting around because mpg is lower, you will need drive everwhere due to the lack of public transportation, and we don't have the sort of village environment that allows one to simply walk to the neighborhood butcher, baker, or convenience store to get day to day things you may need.

My experience in the UK is limited to passing through Heathrow. However, I have spent a fair amount of time in Italy (a very different country and econmy, I know). One of the biggest differences I have noticed there other than fuel ($12/gallon last year) is in construction materials. If you enjoy "do it yourself" type projects and spend time in some hardware stores you may notice some serious differences in the prices of things like lumber, stone, and concrete. Also one might think that tools such as spades, hammers, and the like are univeral in design. This is not necessarily the case.

Another area of possible difference is techonology costs. I am not a "Mac person" but my friends are and they claim that things like iPads and iPhones are approximately a third of the cost here as compared to Europe. I would be curious to know if that is true.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote