View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #15
greeleyhill

Default Facts and Fiction

I also think about some of the facts I saw in the article. It says there are between 200 and 300 properties up for rent on Air BnB in Laconia but I didn't see nearly that number when i went online to see how many there were. The number far is less than 100. Most of them were also not in residential neighborhoods. Someone stated that kids no longer ride their bikes up and down the street anymore and blamed that on the rental market (?) - what? Have you compared the crime rates and registered sex offenders that live in Laconia vs. other towns on the lake? I think that is a MUCH bigger factor and the reality of the situation. It just seems odd that there are maybe 5 noise/trash/parking complaints related to rental properties so the town is going after all rental properties. Using the same logic - I suppose it's the fire departments responsibility to keep the town wet at all times. Makes no sense. Address complaints as they come up - the other 98% of the rental owners who do things the right way will never be a problem. Final point...why are short term renters equated to party houses? My family has rented property in Laconia several times and we enjoyed the property with my children and parents. We weren't kicking up volume and staying up all night - most renters I would think, are like us.
greeleyhill is offline   Reply With Quote