View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #6
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickR View Post
Some years ago I had a pair of rubber chest-highs, with stiff-soled boot, for use when putting the dock in the water or taking it out in November. Apparently the point where the thinner leg rubber met the top of the stiffer boot was a stress point, as that developed a leak I couldn't patch easily. Today there is Shoe Goo, which might be able to patch such a leak. I cut the uppers off the boots before tossing the uppers, to have a pair of foot-high boots for whatever purpose.

I replaced the first waders with foam waders, having soft sock feet. I use them with the boots from the first pair, to have something stiff underfoot and to take abuse from rocks or anything on shore. The whole outfit of boots and waders is clumsy on land, of course, but I don't see a way around that.
Don’t forget “Flex Tape” the stuff works...makes a tight water seal and sticks to boots like crazy. I resurrected a pair of Mucks that had separated at the soles and used them all this winter so far. Looks like hell but no fashion show here.

Last edited by Hillcountry; 04-01-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote