View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:08 PM   #25
Senter Cove Guy

Default Wolfeboro Town Docks Cleanup - October 14, 2017

Ooops. We missed another year (2016) but no harm done. We had a light turnout this year, mainly because I dragged my feet in scheduling the event. We had three divers and three shore personnel who helped keep our divers safe by letting boat captains know where the divers were.

It was a sunny morning and the surface water temperature was about 63 degrees.

At the beginning of the cleanup dive, a boat with 2 people in it approached the town docks and the woman passenger asked what was going on. She was informed and then said "I lost a pair of prescription glasses here yesterday". 60 seconds later they were back in her hands. NICE. Timing is everything.

We collected the usual array of sunglasses, cans, bottles, including a full, unopened plastic bottle of Powerade. There was also one fairly new iPhone.

The unusual items included 3 lacrosse balls, a 2 way radio, a hockey puck, a 2 foot tall orange rubber cone, a Hunter's Shop'n Save shopping cart, a fishing rod and reel and an elaborate pocket knife with #1 Dad inscribed on one side and Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire on the other side.

After cleaning up around the docks, we usually go over into the channel that runs into Back Bay. This is where we usually find "the best stuff". This year was no exception. We found a completely intact clay pipe (see picture) and what we think is an old ink well (see picture).

Dive Winnipesaukee wishes to thank the following people for volunteering their time to this worthy event.
From left to right in the picture:
Michelle Yip (shore support)
Lexie Beaulieu (shore support)
Hayden Beaulieu (diver)
Dave Beaulieu (diver)
Jody Couture (diver)
Attached Images

Last edited by Senter Cove Guy; 10-15-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Picture added
Senter Cove Guy is offline   Reply With Quote