View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #49
Bucktail

Default Common courtesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Redneck View Post
I completely disagree, First you should attemt to solve the problem like intelligent adults, ask, in a decent way, you may be surprised.
In my younger days I had many a party at my home, yes the music got louder as the evening went on, one neighbor, constantly called the local cop, who then came over and asked us to turn the music down, we did no arguments. We didn't realize how loud it had gotten. I finally went to the neighbor my self and asked them to please just come over and ask us to quiet down, that there was no reason to keep bothering the chief. There response was that they were afraid they would get told to go ____ them selves. I explained that if they came over and asked they would have no problems, but if they came over screaming and swearing like idiots then they would probably be treated in kind.
The end result, was that they would stop by and ask us to quiet down, they even ocasionally had a drink or 2 with us.
If people do not have the common sense to keep the voulme down and be courteous, then I think it unlikely they would welcome the conversation around reducing the volume, nor do they derserve the conversation.

Interesting to note you rely on others to curtail your own behavior.