View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #12
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
There is a pretty substantial cost difference having a whole house automatic failover generator solution vs having something that is portable, a little more "manual" and sufficient to handle essential needs.

As you explore options the price points may be part of the decision making process.
Its also important to remember that not all portable generators are not equal.

Most people who buy manual/portable generators opt for a standard and low cost portable, which "can" be a problem if you have very modern appliances or sensitive electronics.

Unfortunately the alternative, inverter generators, are much more expensive than the same size standard generator.

I purchased a Honda 7000 watt inverter portable generator and it cost me double a good similar but non-inverter model, and more than 4x the cost of lowest cost similar size non-inverter portable generators/

So my only comment is know what you needs are (quality of power required, not just total watts) and do your homework and carefully research all the models you are considering.

As for the Honda EU 7000 iS, it has been a flawless performer and I have no regrets. Just wish it was not so expensive,,,

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote