Thread: Bootleggers
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
Belmont Resident

Default Nb

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
For some of us no shoe store has a good choice.
I visited just about every shoe store in one major city and not found any pair that fits with comfort.

I once tried mail order from a specialty shoe catalog - ordering 6 pairs of shoes and none fit comfortably. Sent all back.

I did find the one and only real factory outlet for New Balance.
Located in Lawrence, MA -
5 South Union Street Lawrence, MA 01843

Here they actually manufacture one or two styles. The outlet store though is quite large with many styles of current and discontinued New Balance shoes. Some are seconds. All the seconds I viewed had no visable issues.
Usually the lowest price one can find for any New Balance. No great discount though. Just a few traffic lights off Route 495.
There is a 10% discount for seniors but one does have to ask for it.
But it is the quantity of styles of New Balance that makes this store worth a visit.
There are sections for men, women, and children.
I don't make a special trip but when I am passing the area I will sometimes stop in.
Note that the street bridge at factory/outlet is under construction. One has to enter from the south.
NB is great, we stop in the Skowhegan store on our way home from camp.
They just had a big tent sale with 30% off last month.
They make the most comfortable sneakers I've found yet for being on your feet all day.