View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #45
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Inexcusable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
I think it was just said as a joke at the time in the examination room by a young woman assistant who was not really aware to how bad I was feeling with the sounds of tinnitus going through my head. I was shocked to hear that word ...... it is a word that is usually used with a serious meaning especially as one starts to age.

It was just something said as a joke that I should forget about ..... everyone says things that they later regret.

Anyway, I was extremely upset to hear that, had a mini nervous break-down over it for a day or so, spoke with my sister in Newton who insists this is tinnitus due to a clogged eustachian tube dysfunction and she mailed me a brand new, prescription small bottle of nasal decongestant, Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray which actually seems to help lower the white noise levels and sometimes eliminate the internal hissing.

Today at 3-pm I have been referred see Patrick Fitzpatrick DO, ENT, from the Littleton Hospital at an office in Plymouth and here's hoping I get some good results like a new medication, or get a lot of ear wax removed out of my ears, or something.

You are very correct with the need to have a good primary care doctor probably to navigate the medical care and get an early start on a problem ..... excellent advice.

Am seriously not sure where I will end up with this problem of ringing in the ears, and am seriously concerned. Now is time to go take a two mile walk around Waterville Valley, and then jump in the little pond for a swim, water temp-about 65 degrees so I use a noodle swim belt for swimming the cold water. Walking and swimming is how I get away from this internal hissing problem.
Maybe I am overreacting, but the remark about dementia by the young assistant was absolutely inexcusable, even if it was made in jest. It upset you, and that is very wrong. As we age, the dementia word can be pretty unsettling. Every time I misplace something, my mind travels to the unthinkable.....oh no...I must have dementia. FLL, I am sorry he/she said that to you.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote