View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #18
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
If a any repair shop replaces something that really doesn’t need replacing that is a dishonest shop.

But...

At least you are getting what you paid for. They are not really stealing from you. Consider it to be “proactive” maintenance.

Anne Landers said it well:

“Nobody can take advantage of you without your permission.”

If something doesn’t feel right, get a second opinion as the OP here did.

Buyer beware!

On a side note about independent repair shops:

Wifey’s BMW X-3 started leaking oil so I took it to the dealer in western MA. They told me that it was not covered under my extended warranty. Their price was $1,100! That was enough to send me to a local small shop which a friend recommended. That shop got the job done for $225. The BMW dealer would have done better to quote me $600. I would not have gone looking for a better price if they had.
If I replaced parts on all my customers cars that were not needed I'd be rich but dishonest. I agree though, that it's even worse if you are charged for a service that was never done.
I have one bad review because I changed the oil on a girls car and a few weeks later her oil change light came on because I forgot to reset it. She gave me a bad review because a friend of hers checked the oil and said it was dirty and I never changed it. She never called me to complain she just took her friends word for it.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote