View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
I gave them two years. That was my guess. I was off by only one year.

New Megamansion on lake. Constructed by one of the premium builders on lake. The new first owners were from down south Carolina/Maryland/Virginia area.

They stated that they loved it up here. That they were living here year round. That life was perfect here. So beautiful. Everything is great here. Not like the "city" where they came from.

Then out of the babe's mouth was the question: "Where are the sidewalks?". You see, she told me, where she comes from there are sidewalks and street lights. Why don't we have sidewalks and street lights here?

Where are the neighborhood parks was another question. You see, where they came from there were neighborhood parks that all could walk to. Why don't we have neighborhood parks here. Why doesn't the town purchase some land around town and make neighorhood parks with sidewalks and street lights. It can't cost that much money to do such I was advised.

They are planning to move now. They tell me that they "might" keep this megamansion as a Summer home. But they will definitely be moving "South" where there are parks and sidewalks and street lights. As no one here seems to care about such.
Some people can move here, live here and enjoy NH Lakes Region living as it is. Others feel the need to carry all of the accoutrements of their former lives with them- these are the ones that don't make it.

We have change here, but it is much slower and more measured, less reactionary.
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: