View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #29
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Do you know about Pyrotenax all season water lines which have something like a 125' x 1 1/4" black cpvc, water line with an internal heat wire, a thermostat and a control dial to dial in the on/off temp at 34(+-) degrees.

Unlike the standard cpvc 1 1/4" water line that cracks when the water inside freezes, the Pyrotenax uses a high pressure cpvc that will expand with the internal ice should the power go out, and then contract back to original shape after power returns and it thaws out.

Cost: maybe one thousand dollars and can be a do-it-yourself project because it gets installed just a inches underground using hand tools like a shovel and a hoe for digging, as opposed to a John Deere back hoe.

125' x 1 1/4" uses 1888 watts of power, and runs on 220-volts ac with a foot valve at the bottom of the line, under the ice, down on the floor of the lake, tied to a cement block.

Is made in Ontario, Canada, and can last for 25-years, plus.

The Rinnai direct vent heaters, made in Japan, powered with propane or natural gas, and controlled with 110-volt electricity are very reliable and make warm, hot air heat, very quick with nothing that can freeze up plus it feels and smells like clean, real heat. When the electricity comes back on, it will recycle and restart, making hot air heat in the middle of the night, or anytime, after an electric power outage.

The Rinnai un-vented heaters make hot air heat that is tainted with the yucky smell of propane, and is definately best to stay far away from their un-vented heaters even though it is made by Rinnai.
Awesome data thanks !!!

In the event I do get a Well in and some proper winterizing, I'm trying to not waste to much $$$. But I might need that heated line any way for the well because there is potentially a lot of ledge between the pump and the house and the Well might go roughly where the pump house is any way.

So can you cut that tubing any where? Would you have to "jumper it" around the pump? Can the pump itself be heated in a similar fashion?

What is the feasibility of the pump being moved up into the house?
House is probably 75 ft back and 20-30 ft above water level.
Can pumps routinely handle that?
I'm sure years ago they had good reason to build a pump house (5 ft above water level) and push up. The existing pump is very tired.

If I can get really nice Lake water setup, I might pass on the Well.

The only reason I'm considering the gas (wood stove emulated) thing is that is something we can easily reuse if we decide to rebuild.
Not sure I want to commit to a new heating system for this house, just yet.

Can that Rinnai also take on domestic hot water duties as well?
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote