View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #35
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
Wish I'd listened to my mechanic who kept telling me I should oil my truck (but of course it was probably too late by the time he started bugging me).

Bought a 2003 Ram 2500 new... I drove it sparingly because it got 13mpg and was a beast to park. Mostly needed it to pull boats, horses and to plow my driveway... I was constantly fighting things rusting out underneath. Brake lines, e break cables, oil pans, shocks, multiple brake jobs... Then it needed new exhaust from the manifolds on back. Nobody would even give me a firm price on it because the manifold bolts were barely there, but is was going to be multiple thousands even in the best case.

I gave up and traded it in with 26k miles on it (not for another Dodge you can bet........). I couldn't bring myself to honestly sell it myself.

Good thing my boat lives at a marina now.
Your not the only person I know that has had issues with a RAM.... One Buddy had a flat and couldn't get the tire off, because of corrosion and rust.... Another buddy had issues with the Front end suspension going to crap...I could go on but I will not.... Dodge, cheapened their product to survive for a while, back in hte early 2000s