View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

TRFour --thanks for the compliment, but the flier is the handywork of Kellie Troendle, Parks and Rec Director here in Alton.

Merry Meeting the flier was done before they moved the parks & rec website into the town. However, I did check the website and I see the event listed under Feb 19, 2005 in the calendar in the Parks and Rec area.

Town Calendar2/19/2005 - Parks & Recreation - Winter Festival:

The Parks and Recreation Department is sponsoring its annual Winter Festival on Saturday, February 19, 2005 from 1:00pm-3:00pm at the Alton Bay Bandstand.

COME OUT AND PLAY WITH US!
We are rocking the bay with music, games and memory making events. Check out the planes, snowmobiles and ice fishing and don’t forget to sign up for the special events and get a good spot to watch the Great Alton Bay Bed Race. All ages and four legged friends are welcome; please dress warm for the weather.

Activities will include the Fly-In, Great Alton Bay Bed Race, Family Scavenger Hunt, Snow Shoe Walk, Cross Country Ski Trek, D.J. Music, Snow Mobile Radar Run and more.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
1:00pm-3:00pm- FREE EVENTS

1:00pm- D.J. Music Begins

1:30pm- Family Scavenger Hunt, prizes

2:00pm- Snowshoe Walk- 30 minute walk to keep you warm, great view of the lake and mountains

2:45pm- Parade of Beds, see the creative themes and fast racers

3:00pm- The Great Alton Bay Bed Race- 5 person team (four people push one person rides) bed to finish line, no cleats permitted, any size bed is ok, themed beds are welcome and encouraged, prizes awarded.

11:00am-3:00pm- Mt. Major Snow Mobile Club Radar Run

The NHAA Fly-In is scheduled for all day. Please observe planes from a safe distance and PLEASE NOTE: PEDESTRIANS ARE PROHIBITED FROM THE RUNWAY.

Beware of goblins in your cpu....