View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 11:14 AM   #50
GenericG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Putting the NRZ petition aside for a minute, if you were in charge of the LRCT what would YOU do regarding the on land issues at rattlesnake and Ragged?? Try to remember the LRCT is NOT a policing organization. The majority of the people (island stewards) are all volunteers...

Dan
Dan...in regards to the on land issues there are a number of solutions that could work, but the most direct option does seem to be as simple as limiting land access to the general public. While many people would be upset by this, i believe it would be well within lrct's rights to do so (correct me if I'm wrong). Hopefully a restriction to land access on one (or multiple) properties (possibly short term) would be enough curb any negative behavior lrct has been experiencing on ragged or rattlesnake.

Now the flip side of that coin...do you think the negative behavior lrct has seen on land should give them the right to blatantly contradict NHs public trust doctrine and attempt to restrict the public's access to lake Winnipesaukee?
GenericG is offline   Reply With Quote