View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 10:25 AM   #5
dippasan

Default Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Hey, can we just take a moment to reflect on how AWESOME this last couple weeks have been?!

Last year, July was essentially rained out, but this stretch has been warm and dry with no humidity.

We were up to camp for 13 days and had campfires and s'mores, movies by the fire, jetski tours, days at the sandbar, fireworks, Pop's Clam Shell and Town Docks and JoJo's subs and other treats, Barenaked Ladies at Meadowbrook, go-karts and mini-golf, Moosilauke and Shaw and Black Snout, time swimming and on the beach and catching up with old friends, tubing and lilypad lounging, cribbage—LOTS of cribbage—and, my favorite: reading.

I finished Unbroken, The Martian, Revenge Tour, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and Harlem Shuffle.

It was GLORIOUS. How 'bout you?

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
Geez what a great 12 days we had. Glorious would be a good word.
My 3 sons, daughter in laws, their friends and my 3 grand kids were up for a few days over the 4th weekend and I couldn't help thinking..."this is exactly why we have this place". Lot's of great craic! One of my son's and his girlfriend drove home from Minnesota. Haven't seen them since Xmas.
Weather was spectacular. Boat rides, sunset cruises almost every night, Pop's of course, Nolans, ditto on ton's of Cribbage, visits from island neighbors and friends, spent a beautiful day driving around the white mountains including Mt Washington Auto Road. Bon fires, a few projects around the camp etc etc. I might have had just 1 cosmo, 1 beer, maybe a vodka drink or 20 and plenty of wine .
Sponsored Links