View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #7
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Some big ideas

I have been renting property since 1978 and renting waterfront property in Laconia and Gilford since 2003. After reading some posts above:

1. You do not "have to" provide big screen TV's and wi-fi. Advertise what you have. It is what it is.

2. You will not need 2 days before and two days after to get the place ready. My turnover time for a Gilford waterfront that sleeps ten is 5 hours between renters. Hire competent people to clean it.

3. If you do not want to get a large liability insurance policy have the rental agreement include a hold harmless clause that will be signed by the renter covering them and their guests and indemnifying you.

4. If you have a week in July it will rent. I have not had a vacancy since 2003 and I charge more than the $3,000 that was suggested to you. The rental market is very strong now.

5. Craigslist and this website are very good for finding renters.

You can't ever be sure about who you are renting to and what their conduct will be. However, in the $3,000 range the price of admission will generally screen out the low end people and result in a higher grade of tenant.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote