View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #114
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
WOW! (no pun intended) So the way to avoid your terrorist boulder placers is to adopt your plan? Moving boulders isn't a casual effort and should be detectable. How about we make every effort to find out who they are and throw them in jail and put their mugs on posters along the trail. "Look out for and report these thugs!".

To be clear, I really don't care if an alternative trail route is decided on. If all are happy about it, great. I applaud offering this alternative solution.

I REALLY DON'T like making decisions based on veiled threats and intimidation. Court fights are one thing. That is how society works out it's differences. Threatened boulders in the trail are a whole different thing. It's like walking into a discussion with a blatantly obvious weapon with the clear intention of intimidating the other people in the room. Cowering before criminals is NOT a good plan to deal with the situation. Talk about a WRONG message.
They are not my " terrorist boulder placers" nor am I insinuating any threat by me. There are close to 2,000 people living in SD/LB and it's a law of averages that there's at least one who would be very bitter if a lot of money was lost in a court battle and then the trail infringes (in his or her mind) on their life. Perhaps it's not boulders, perhaps he or she kept removing the fence. I really don't think it's realistic to rely on a neighbor notifying law enforcement that someone took down the fence that the neighbor didn't like in the first place.

This issue is just too confrontational and will cost/waste way too much money if it stays on its current course. I wonder what would happen if we total up the money being conceited for legal cost and instead marked it to fund an alternative
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote