View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #8
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Just remember, that Audrey is simply doing what she gets paid to do. And this was brought up a few years ago. She is doing what the TOWN tells her to do. The town is it's citizens, and it's citizens want to keep Wolfeboro quaint. An Old, New England town. Not to become a Vegas looking area. So if anyone wants to see neon signs on Main street they need to go to the town meetings and tell the town that they want to see see Neon, and A frame signs everywhere. I can understand people saying that the businesses are there as productive establishments, but they are not in Laconia. And they know this. They need to follow the law and do business as the town dictates. The only way to change things like this is to ask it be set on the meetings agendas and ask for motions and votes. Someone said on another thread that if you don't want to get caught speeding do the limit. Same goes here. Am I wrong? The law is the law....or isn't it? BTW this has been an issue in Wolfeboro for the ten years I have lived up here. It is also a code law in Moultonborough. Remember when the big lit sign on the realty building at the Moultonborough/ Center Harbor line went up. People flipped out. But because it was allowed it is still there. The businesses need to get together and change the law, or live with it. Just sayin'.
Lakesrider:

I agree that folks want to keep Wolfeboro quaint and in my opinion that has been achieved more so than in any other town around the lake. However, one of the signs in question has been hanging in the same window since 1988! It is a balancing act and in this case it appears the town overreached.