View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #86
XCR-700

Question I must be missing something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindido View Post
The above photo represents activity that happens on a regular basis. This particular spot was not granted a "no rafting zone" and has become a popular destination for a "roaring good time"
Well, I must be traveling to the right spots, as I have never seen this on Winnipesaukee myself.

Again, no idea why this is fun,,,

When we want to hit a sand bar, I wont even stop if its too busy.

If I visit the lake on a Saturday, its like maybe once or twice a year, just too busy for my tastes. I have to repeatedly remind my wife and kids not to make plans for Saturday boating, because we are not going!

I dont like the lake empty, always good to see other people and boaters, but there is a thing called too much and I feel like I'm the only one who says that.

I will wait for dock space at the various town docks (for a while) so long as people are behaving reasonably, and if it gets too cutthroat we just leave. Yes the jackasses win, but I dont care, as I have no interest in fighting idiots being reckless with their boats just to gain a 5 minute advantage. Miserable person that I am, I simply hope karma gets them and I usually leave.

Yup, becoming more and more curmudgeon with each passing year,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote