Thread: Summer Help
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #36
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble2249 View Post
For at least the second consecutive year, the lakes region restaurants, anything from your typical pizza shop to your full service establishments, have suffered with the lack of help that is available. It's a very bad situation for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Three or four years ago I recognize this problem in my business. It got really bad. It seems as though I was talking about it every day. It was not uncommon for me to make mention of this loser millennial generation when in conversation with a guest, and sometimes within range for a millennial to hear. it kept getting worse, and worse, and worse.

About a year ago I actually stopped and listened to what I was saying. I asked myself; could I be manifesting my own problems? I then decided to change my tone . I started talking about how awesome the generation is. I would look real hard for the positive things and make that my conversation.

I've been overstaffed for about eight months, and I am having a tough time deciding who's hours to cut because they are all working so hard and taking great pride in what they're doing.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: