View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #125
PaugusBayFireFighter

Default Depends on your definition of waste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Every time I wash a can or bottle out, I wonder that very same thing-how much water is being wasted!!! I would love to know!
I never really questioned the "wasting water" phrase as a kid but as an adult I have come to look at that phrase the same way I do "you'll catch a cold if you go outside without a jacket " or "Don't go swimming after you eat or you'll get a cramp and drown", both myths. I wonder how running your faucet is really wasting water? You pay for it and it ends up back in your faucet eventually. We have no less or no more water on this planet than we did 100 years ago and there's very little difference of water content since the oceans were formed.
Truth is we abuse the natural "water cycle" with plastics and other environmental waste, that slows the cycle. Some day we will pay if bad habits don't change.
You may be wasting money when you let the water run, but the water isn't gone forever.
I'm not questioning the idea of conserving and preserving water, I'm questioning the old phrase "wasting".
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote